Monday, August 07, 2006

I'm baaaack...

This image was done old-school, by tone and tinting black&white paper. I was taking a class on hand-coloring. I had a blast.
On a more serious note, I've just pretty much recovered from surgery to make sure that my doctor had gotten all of a melanoma tumor on my forearm. It involved removal of a couple of lymph nodes, making a bigger hole in my forearm, and skin-grafts from my thigh to my forearm, to cover up the hole. Fun! All of the pathology reports are negative, which means I've dodged a bullet. Have any spots on your body checked by a doc, kids! This also means that I'm now officially a CANCER SURVIVOR. Jeeze, I hate that phrase. Anyone who's still alive at this moment is a survivor. If I had saved myself from a harrowing adventure out in the wilds by my own effort and resources, then I'd be proud of it. As it was, I finally got a spot on my arm (that several people had urged me to take care of) examined, and the medical profession took over from there. I had little to do with it.


Anyhow, back later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home